Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Start of Something New

The year 2011 was full of so many blessings. Like my bestie Yasmin put it, God is so good to have allowed us to experience so much great stuff in that year. I got engaged in January 2011 and got married in August 2011, not to mention I also graduated from Fresno Pacific University in between, in May 2011. As you can imagine, things got very very busy. I am not the most organized person, and sometimes I just play things by ear. Thanks to God, they always turned out just as they should.  Anyhow, I am now married, and what a big adjustment that was! There is still a lot of adjustment going on but it is so edifying and humbling. The past 4 months have been filled with so much, I don't even know where to begin. I am grateful for the husband I have been given, for my home, and for my job.

I am also grateful for this waffle mix recipe I found online. Tyler loves it, and I think it's way better than the stuff in the box you just add water to.I don't really like pancakes, but I will eat waffles! Something about their shape intrigues me...

Makes 4-6 Servings

1 3/4 Cups Flour
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1 3/4 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Oil or melted butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the wet ingredients together then add it to the dry and stir until it is smooth.
(I personally prefer to use butter rather than oil, I think it tastes better.)

I hope you enjoy!






1 comment: