Friday, January 13, 2012

Old English

Well, I am officially sick of laying here. I have seen this movie one too many times in the last 2 days. I am pretty sure I know it word for word....


I recently had a Pilonidal Cystectomy done, so I can either only lay on my tummy or stand up. I really hope I have great posture after all of this laying down. I am still so surprised by how anesthesia works. My first experience started out well: one moment I am on the operating table  talking to the nurses about how they remind me of Grey's Anatomy, the next I am waking up and getting ready to go. But then came the nausea  for the following 24 hours. I did not like or appreciate that part. What I am loving, however, is the thoughtfulness of my husband, my mother-in-law Gail [who is very kind and helpful], and our friends. Some have brought me baked goodies, others have sent me cards, others have brought me meals, and word on the street is that I am being sent more movies [thank goodness!]. I am blessed and reminded of our good God through these kind gestures.

Tyler has been so helpful, loving, and caring. I am so grateful for him. He has slept on the recliner next to me for the past two nights, and has been catering to me. He woke up with me in the middle of the night even though he had work early the next day. He has read to me as I lay there zoned out and lethargic. He has even watched Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility with me. I <3 him.


I am on vicodin, so reading has been hard to do. I hope to do more of it as I slowly stop taking vicodin. The books I am working through right now are: 

                                     

They are great books, and both have a website! Just click on the book and it will take you there. 

Well, my arm is tired so I will stop here [I am currently laying on my stomach and typing with one hand]. Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy Tyler is taking good care of you. What a blessing to have a husband who loves you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete